Thursday, February 19, 2015

Good Books I'll Never Read



It's strange to realize that I'll never have time to read everything I want before I die. No matter how many hours a day I spend poring over pages, there will always be books left unread, stories left unfinished. To me, that means that what I choose to spend my time reading is all the more important, since I'm picking it to the exclusion of something else. If I pick up something that looks interesting and it hasn't hooked me twenty pages or so in, I put it down unless it comes with a strong recommendation from a fellow reader who knows my tastes.

This "love it or leave it" approach isn't restricted to new books that are coming out; it also extends to the classics and popular contemporary titles. Susie Rodarme, a writer for BookRiot, has compiled her own list of books she'll never read and explained why that is for each one of them. I'll admit, I've read a good number of the ones she's chosen to ditch. But here are some of my picks for what I know I'll never read:

> "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
> "The Road" by Cormack McCarthy
> "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
> "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt
> "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami

No comments:

Post a Comment