Saturday, June 6, 2015

Books and Wine: Perfect Pairings



As the beautiful weather rolls on here in western Washington, I've come to enjoy bringing my day to a close with a book and a glass of wine on my deck. And just as different wines have different characteristic flavors, different books leave me with different lingering sensations or emotions. Pairing wines with books for people who enjoy both is a novel idea (no pun intended), translating flavors into emotions and writing styles into mouthfeel. Quirk Books has put together a selection of books and their wine pairings, from rich and complex revenge to sparkling, sweet romance. It's a fun little exercise, and may give you ideas about what you'd like to pair with what you're reading at the moment. My favorite suggestion on the list? The selection for "Outlander," which you'll find at the bottom of the article. What would you pair with your current read?

No comments:

Post a Comment